United Methodist Retirement Communities, Inc. & Porter Hills (UMRC & PH) is committed to conducting its business in a manner that facilitates quality, efficiency, honesty, integrity, respect and full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In order to achieve this goal, UMRC & PH recognizes that it must require its employees to maintain a standard of behavior that is, at a minimum, both lawful and ethical. Since the scope of compliance with applicable laws and regulations is extensive and since the regulations are complex, UMRC & PH has adopted a formal Corporate Compliance Plan to address potential compliance concerns. The provisions of this Plan apply to all clinical, business and legal activities performed by UMRC & PH as well as to any third parties when such parties are engaged in the provision of services on behalf of the Corporation. Third parties may include volunteers, agents and independent contractors of UMRC & PH
- UMRC & PH will strive to ensure that all activity by or on behalf of the corporation is in compliance with applicable laws.
- UMRC & PH is committed to conducting business with high standards of business ethics and integrity.
- UMRC & PH employees, agents and contractors shall demonstrate a commitment to quality.
- UMRC & PH employees, agents and contractors shall strive to provide high quality care.
- UMRC & PH employees owe a duty of loyalty to the corporation. Employees, agents, and contractors are prohibited from using their position with UMRC & PH, or knowledge obtained through their position, to profit personally or to assist others in profiting at the expense of UMRC & PH.
- UMRC & PH employees will promptly notify their supervisor, department head, Administrator, other appropriate high level employee or the Compliance Officer of any possible violations of law or improper activity by its employees, agents and contractors.
Use of EthicsPoint
The Board and management at UMRC & PH value your input. That is why we have selected EthicsPoint to provide us with an anonymous and confidential method to hear your concerns or reports of misconduct. The information you provide will be sent to us by EthicsPoint on a totally confidential and anonymous basis.
In order for United Methodist Retirement Communities, Inc. to achieve the goals of its Plan, and conduct business within the letter and spirit of the law and its Code of Conduct, employees and contractors are required to report possible violations of law or improper activity. UMRC & PH will provide for open lines of communication with the Compliance Officer either through the EthicsPoint phone number or website or directly to the UMRC & PH on-site Compliance Officer. Employees who report on possible compliance issues in good faith will not be subjected to retaliation or harassment. All reports will be treated as confidential.
As a non-profit service provider United Methodist Retirement Communities believes in disclosing information regarding our financial condition. Should you have any questions upon reviewing these documents, please call Steve Fetyko at 734.433.1000 Ext. 7511 for clarification or additional information.
UMRC Form 990
UMRC Foundation 990
UMRC’s 1st Quarter Financial Disclosure
UMRC’s 2nd Quarter Financial Disclosure
UMRC’s 3rd Quarter Financial Disclosure
UMRC’s 4th Quarter Financial Disclosure